top of page
The benefice of Eton, Eton Wick, Boveney & Dorney is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer [PSO]. The Diocese of Oxford’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor [DSA] who advise our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services
Your Parish Safeguarding Officer is Stephen Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Diocesan Safeguarding Officer at email@example.com
OUR BENEFICE SAFEGUARDING POLICY
We are committed to:
The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
2. We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer
recruitment principles, including the use of the Disclosure and Barring Service.
3. We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person
may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation and we will have
a clear reporting procedure in place.
4. We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry
of informed pastoral care.
5. We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
6. We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to
any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable
7. In all these principles we will follow statute, guidance and recognised good practice.
8. We will advise the Diocese which Registered Body we use to process applications for DBS checks.
9. We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser if we receive a Disclosure which is ‘blemished’ or ‘positive’.
10. We will review this policy annually, check that our policies are up to date, and supply a copy of the updated
policy statement to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.
If you have any safeguarding concerns, please contact our Safeguarding Officer - Stephen Baker
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 07387 812652
Address : 69A Eton Wick Road, Eton Wick, Windsor SL4 6NE
bottom of page